Testing, Shots, & Drops for Allergies
At Cure Allergy Clinic, we are a team of experts who understand the need for accurate diagnosis and treatment for common allergies. We invite you to explore our page to learn more about which services can benefit you in controlling allergy symptoms, allergy-induced asthma, chronic coughing, sinus- or skin-related conditions, and more. Speak to one of our knowledgeable healthcare specialists and see how we can help with your concerns.
Contact us online for additional information regarding our testing and treatments today!
Available Testing Treatments
For allergy testing, we offer several forms of treatments to patients. We usually ask all patients to be off their anti-histamines for 5-7 days before testing is scheduled.
Cure Allergy Clinic offers the following allergy testing options:
- Skin prick testing: We use multi-prick devices to test for the max number of allergies with the least amount of discomfort. We can test for as many as 100 common allergens. This procedure usually takes 20 minutes total and we will generally understand what you are allergic to during the same visit.
- Blood testing: Checks for antibodies for common allergens, ranging from food to pollens. This allows us to order a wider array of testing. For comparison, the skin prick testing sees “how does my body react”, and the blood testing may give us mixed or incomplete results. However, we use this type of testing on younger children or sometimes combine this and the skin prick testing for more complete results.
- Intradermal testing: This is where we inject a small amount of extract under the skin. It is the most accurate form of testing, but we only reserve it if the above testing does not pick up everything. This is the most likely test to pick up mold allergies.
- Diluted skin prick testing: This involves pricking the skin with different strength levels of the same antigen. This type of testing is unique to Cure Allergy Clinic and it allows us to not only see what you are allergic to but how allergic you are and allows us to pick better dosing for our desensitization protocols.
- Patch testing: This type of testing is done for common chemicals that may cause skin issues, usually eczema or contact dermatitis. We tape the patch to the patient’s back, and it remains there for 24-48 hours. Afterward, we remove it and assess if a light rash developed. If a rash develops, it goes away with light steroid cream. This is how we assess for rashes due to hair sprays, dyes, metals, and certain chemicals.
Allergy shots, also known as subcutaneous immunotherapy, are a form of allergen desensitization which could move allergies completely into remission. It is only approved for environmental allergies (not food). It is used to treat sinus issues, allergic rhinitis, runny nose, chronic cough, eczema, hives, and asthma.
Individuals of all ages benefit from allergy shots, including children over the age of five. Allergy shots can address nearly every form of allergy, except for food allergies. In such cases, Cure Allergy Clinic provides food desensitization therapy using the latest techniques in sublingual (under the tongue) and oral immunotherapy.
Allergy Drops (CureSLIT)
At Cure Allergy Clinic, we perform a unique form of sublingual drops called CureSLIT. It follows protocols established over years of research by several allergists in the US and Europe. Drops help treat seasonal allergies and also help to treat or prevent the development of asthma. We also use allergy drops with foods to help reduce the risk of complication reactions.
Speak to our friendly staff at (817) 774-9320 to inquire about our allergy care services today!
Are you experiencing allergy symptoms that prevent you from eating out with friends and family, having a pet or enjoying time outside when the weather is beautiful?
More Cost Effective Treatments
Helping our patients by offering affordable treatments
Medications Made for Your Needs
We strive to optimize your regimen
Same Day Appointments Available
Patients need to be off allergy medication for 4-7 days for best outcomes
We Treat the Heart of the Problem
Via immunotherapy, we focus on the disease and not just the symptoms