Allergies. Whether you experience them year-round or as the seasons change, they can place quite a burden on your body.
The good news? If you are experiencing allergy symptoms, there is no need to simply tough it out. Cure Allergy Clinic is here to help you take the first step toward symptom relief: determining the cause of your allergies!
Let's take a deeper dive into the benefits of allergy testing and help you decide if it is right for you:
Benefits of Allergy Testing
Allergy testing can be a very useful tool to help you get relief from your symptoms. By discovering what allergens trigger your immune system, you can be more conscious of them and do your best to avoid any future contact with them. This can bring much-needed relief and make it easier to manage your allergy symptoms.
Whether you have a food sensitivity, seasonal allergies, or an aversion to certain materials or airborne particles, allergy testing also allows your allergist to create a personalized treatment plan to tackle your symptoms.
Taking the proper steps can ensure that you get the best possible outcome and are able to manage your allergies properly.
How Does Allergy Testing Work?
At Cure Allergy Clinic, our team will administer one of several skin or blood tests to determine the cause of your symptoms:
- Skin prick: During this test, your upper back or arm will be pricked and dabbed with the suspected allergens, then observed for signs of a reaction.
- Skin injection: This test involves the injection of allergens right into the skin of your arm before being observed for signs of a reaction.
- Blood test: This is typically administered in order to test for certain conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
- Patch test: Various skin patches containing possible allergens are placed on your skin in order to monitor reactions to the substances. This is a great alternative for those looking to avoid needles.
Depending on your particular allergies and test results, your allergist will discuss the next steps with you. Each patient is unique, so each treatment plan will be as well!
Our team at Cure Allergy Clinic offers treatment in the form of immunotherapy, including sublingual drops and allergen shots, inhalers, steroid creams, vitamin regimens, and various other medications.
Read more: Allergy Shots vs. Allergy Drops
When to See an Allergist
So, do I need allergy testing?
Ultimately, the decision on whether or not to get allergy testing is up to you. However, it is highly recommended that you schedule allergy testing or a visit with your allergist if you are experiencing:
- Chronic sinus issues
- Persistent nasal congestion
- Worsened asthma or other allergy symptoms that affect your everyday life and activities
- Wheezing or coughing during or after exercising
- Frequent shortness of breath and other breathing difficulties
- Gastrointestinal issues believed to be triggered by certain foods
- Over-the-counter allergy medications are failing to relieve your symptoms
- Allergy symptoms can range from moderate to severe, life-threatening situations.
That is why our team always recommends scheduling an appointment, just to be safe! Begin allergy testing today at Cure Allergy Clinic; our experienced and caring team of allergists specializes in providing comprehensive allergy testing and personalized treatments to help you gain control over your allergies. Do not let allergies keep you from living your best life - contact us today to find out if allergy testing is right for you!
Schedule an appointment online or by calling (817) 774-9320.